High standards of governance are fundamental to our ability to deliver on our vision, create enduring value, and maintain our social licence to operate.
• Implement a governance structure which is appropriate for the size of the Company and nature of its operations.
• Communicate corporate governance standards and expectations to all employees, contractors and business partners.
• Identify assets and manage all risks to the business including Business, Safety, Environment and Social Risks.
• Avoid conflicts of interest and maintain confidentiality.
• Implement reporting mechanisms to ensure that it operates in a fair, transparent and open manner that reflects the Company’s Vision and Values.
• Establish standards beyond the minimum standards of the relevant corporate, Health, Safety & Environment laws.
• Measure, review and report on the overall business performance including Financial, Safety, Environmental and Social performance
To achieve the above objectives, OceanaGold has established a framework of codes, policies and systems by which Authority is exercised and business is carried out:
1. Articles and Charters
• Articles of OceanaGold Corporation
• Board Charter
• Audit and Financial Risk Management Committee Charter
• Remuneration, People and Culture Committee Charter
• Sustainability Committee Charter
• Governance and Nominations Committee Charter
2. Position Description for the Chairman of the Board
Please refer to the Board Charter for the Company’s position description for the Chairman of the Board.
4. Corporate Governance Policies
• Continuous Disclosure Policy
• Securities Trading Policy
• Protected Disclosures and Whistleblowing Policy
• Risk Management Policy
• Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy
• Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Standard
• Investor Relations Policy
• Majority Voting Policy