Empowering communities to become vibrant and self sufficient
We continue to support a variety of programs aimed at empowering communities to become vibrant and self sufficient.
In El Salvador for example, we are proud to partner with the Vital Voices Global Partnership. This program, established by Walmart, aims to offer women residing in rural areas an opportunity to develop their roles as community leaders and entrepreneurs. As part of the program we continue to provide mentoring and assistance in developing business plans and skills for women to establish small business small business to benefit themselves and their families.
We Care Phillipines: Business Development
Our Goal: 40 new businesses by end 2017
- Create a Community Business Profile. The Team will work with the Barangay Council and other relevant community leaders and business associations or organization to understand the interest, skills, capabilities, resources to identify gaps and opportunities for business developments.
- Create businesses through micro-financing seeding grants.
- Increase business capacity in the community – this is done through consultation with the community and is focused on local business training and development.
- Build business opportunities. Business opportunities will be identified, planned and developed. Some of the opportunities would be on Sports and School Business Development Programs and Community Market Business Development Programs.
- Handover agreement to the Community.